Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
Help Gimlet Media continue development on, and piloting of, an Alexa skill.
We’re looking for someone who can commit 5 to 10 hours a week to updating code, helping us test, and coaching us through decision-making.
This is a 3 to 6 month assignment for the initial contract. Pending the outcome of our pilot, we may want to reup or expand the scope of work.
What You Have
- Fluency in AWS, Alexa Skills Kit and Node.js
- Demonstrated ability to self-organize and self-motivate
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a love of collaborating with creative colleagues
- Proven ability to think strategically about user experience
- Obsession with documentation and communication
- Ability to and patience for translating from Engineer to English
- Knowledge of Salesforce API a plus
Gimlet is based in Brooklyn, NY. Remote candidates will be considered. Please apply HERE.