Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented and kind people to make our next slate of groundbreaking shows.
Gimlet Creative is the division of Gimlet that partners with brands to create our award-winning advertising spots, as well as our longform branded podcasts. Our brand partners include eBay, Tinder, Ford, HPE and Apple iBooks. For each campaign, we craft innovative, narrative-driven stories tailored to engage and entertain our listeners. Our branded podcasts have topped the charts in their respective iTunes categories and generated lots of buzz, including coverage in the Wall Street Journal, Entertainment Weekly, AdWeek, and more.
We’re looking for a creative, self-motivated associate producer who takes pride in their work and has incredible attention to detail. We’re open to candidates who come from a variety of professional backgrounds and are particularly looking for someone who loves to do research, find and pitch ideas, and is familiar with producing and editing audio. Journalism experience and audio experience are pluses, but not requirements for this role.
This person has a strong commitment to excellence, can give and receive constructive feedback, pitches great ideas without getting too attached to them and is a team player. Above all, this person is genuinely excited about the challenge of partnering with world-class brands to tell stories that fulfill their goals, while also putting listeners first.
What You’ll Do
- Help select tape and participate in group edits
- Brainstorm pre- and post-sale ideas for potential clients and clients
- Research and pitch campaign and episode ideas, under the direction of GC producers
- Work with Gimlet producers and hosts to write, record and edit ad spots across the Gimlet network
- Gather tape out in the field
- Produce in-studio interviews
- Direct tracking sessions with hosts
- Work with GC producers and engineers in post-production and scoring
- Participate in live, member, and industry events
- Coordinate production logistics, such as tape syncs and transcription service
What You Have
- At least one year of experience in journalism or in the advertising/agency world
- Demonstrated passion for storytelling, whether in video, audio, and/or written content
- A love for idea generation and creativity, coupled with a keen organizational sense and a proven ability to execute against deadlines
- The ability to receive and implement feedback as part of a highly collaborative work environment
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both within Gimlet Creative and externally
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with Pro Tools!
- Experience working with brands is great. Not required, but definitely a plus
What To Submit
- A resume
- A cover letter
- One work sample, including an explanation of what role you played in the production process
This is a full-time position based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. Please apply HERE. This posting will close at 5 pm ET on April 14th.