Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, and The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, and business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other and the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
Gimlet offers a comprehensive slate of benefits. We cover 100% of employee and family premiums for medical and dental insurance, and we offer vision insurance at a low cost. Other benefits include pre-tax commuter, medical and dependent care FSA accounts, 401(k), unlimited vacation, and an annual training reimbursement.
The Business Development Manager will play a central role in Gimlet’s growth efforts by developing new strategies to generate revenue and grow the Gimlet brand and audience. You will source innovative and quality content partnerships. You will also be responsible for cultivating relationships with distribution platforms to ensure that wherever people are listening to audio, Gimlet is present and thriving. This role is for you if you are fascinated by the evolving media landscape and are super excited about finding creative ways for Gimlet to attract new partners and listeners.
What You’ll Do
- Source opportunities to expand the reach of our shows, grow the Gimlet brand, and generate revenue through quality content partnerships, distribution relationships, and special projects
- Manage relationships with key outside partners, including distribution platforms
- Cultivate fresh and creative partnerships to grow audience and the Gimlet brand outside our existing platforms
- Negotiate complex development and co-production deals with outside partners
- Structure and negotiate agreements relating to the distribution and licensing of audio content for all media platforms (e.g. streaming music and audio platforms)
- Act as end-to-end owner on deals and promotional commitments, partnering with other Gimlet teams, e.g. editorial, legal, throughout the process
- Conduct market analyses to identify new and creative ways to broaden Gimlet’s presence and develop our revenue and audience development strategy
What You Have
- 3-5 years of experience in a partnerships, strategy, or consulting role
- Appreciation of the art of persuasion and negotiation. You differentiate between winning partnerships and building partnerships.
- Nuanced understanding of the media and entertainment landscape
- Ability to work independently, to strategically set and meet goals
- Exceptionally crisp communication and critical thinking skills
- Creative and forward-thinking vision on strategic opportunities Gimlet should pursue
- An enthusiasm for podcasts, Gimlet, and the work we do
This is a FULL-TIME role, based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter HERE. Please submit applications by Monday, November 20, at 5:00pm.