Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, and The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, and business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other and the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
Gimlet offers a comprehensive slate of benefits. We cover 100% of employee and family premiums for medical and dental insurance, and we offer vision insurance at a low cost. Other benefits include pre-tax commuter, medical and dependent care FSA accounts, 401(k), unlimited vacation, and an annual training reimbursement.
The Scripted Content team focuses on the development and production of scripted works by emerging and seasoned writers spanning a variety of forms from the television, film, and theater worlds. Following two successful seasons of Homecoming, the team is expanding and will be developing and producing four scripted series in 2018, spanning a variety of genres. The Creative Development Producer will be on the front line of any content submitted to the Scripted team, and will work closely with the Executive Producer and Producer of Scripted Content.
What You’ll Do
- Read and evaluate submissions
- Provide script coverage
- Share dramaturgical feedback on projects currently in development at Gimlet
- Cultivate relationships with potential writers
- Manage submission database
What You Have
- 5+ Years experience
- Experience as a Development Executive or Producer specializing in scripted content preferred
- Experience in scripted content development
- Proven script reading/writing/editing skills
- Extensive knowledge of the current television, theater and film landscape
- Knowledge of digital storytelling
- Excellent communication skills
This is a FULL-TIME role, based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter HERE by Tuesday, January 23 at 5:00pm.