Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We’re brought together by the desire to make amazing things, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
We’re looking for an organized, empathetic, audio-savvy leader to join Gimlet as our first-ever Director of Editorial Operations. In this role, you’ll build upon and refine our existing editorial processes while identifying and engineering those processes we haven’t thought of yet. You’ll be leading the charge on everything from designing the frequency, cadence, and content of our editorial training programs, to working with show teams across the company to deliver production best practices and advise on process.
What You’ll Do
- As a first and priority project, you’ll work closely with the editorial leadership team and People Operations to build a robust, scalable training and development program for Gimlet’s editorial team
- Build and implement an onboarding curriculum and program for all new editorial hires
- Advise hosts, editors, and senior producers on best practices surrounding everything from team communication strategies to new show launch best practices
- Serve as a bridge between the business team and editorial team, communicating priorities and needs between each
- Help shows move from development to production by ensuring processes are in place and that our high editorial standards are being met
What You Have
- 5+ years of experience working in audio, preferably longform, narrative and/or documentary
- A passion for mentorship, teaching and fostering growth
- Exceptional (really!) communication skills
- A track record of building, implementing, and iterating on thoughtful processes
- Strong story/editorial taste
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter HERE. This is a full-time role based in our Brooklyn, NY offices.
This posting will close at 5 pm ET on Friday, March 31.