Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
An editor at Gimlet is a lot of things: manager, creative vision enabler, coach, and most importantly, teammate. We’re looking for someone with deep longform journalism experience who understands what it takes to make a good story great, and a great story Gimlet-worthy. This is a leadership position at Gimlet, and we’re looking for someone who finds enormous satisfaction in growing and nurturing teams as well as in shaping and editing exceptional stories.
What You’ll Do
- Manage two Gimlet shows and their editorial teams (including senior producer, producers, and host)
- Guide teams toward ambitious stories, helping them refine big ideas, and pushing for the best possible finished product
- Work closely with show teams to develop pitches and ideas — from the conceit of an entire season, to the arc of a single episode
- Coach and guide producers through the editorial process from first tape-gathering to final polish
- Be a talent magnet, helping us build our team of talented producers, reporters, and other editors
- Champion the Gimlet culture and help us think about new ways to engage and develop our talent at every level of the company
- Work with other editorial leaders to shape the long-term strategy and vision of Gimlet on everything from talent development to pioneering new, experimental storytelling formats
What You Have
- 5+ years of experience editing or story producing longform journalism; audio is a major plus
- A deep comfort and proficiency in structuring and editing non-linear, narrative pieces
- A proven knack for managing, mentoring, and helping others develop in their careers
- Exceptional communication skills, across the board
- An ability to jump between projects and teams and contribute meaningful guidance, no matter the context
- Excellent taste and a strong vision for what makes exceptional, ambitious stories sing
This is a full-time role, based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. In a separate document, we’d also love links to 2-3 pieces of work that you’ve directly edited or produced, with a brief explanation of your role in bringing each piece to its final form. APPLY HERE.
Our Current Roster: