Gimlet Creative creates narrative-audio campaigns in partnership with brands. Our integrated ad campaigns and branded shows are made by some of the best audio producers in the business. Gimlet Creative is part of Gimlet Media, the award-winning network behind hit podcasts like Reply All and StartUp.
Our team comes from diverse backgrounds but we rally around making amazing things by working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. Gimlet is a place where good ideas are rewarded and succeed on their merits, no matter what your title.
Working collaboratively with Gimlet Creative producers and hosts, you’ll create compelling and unique audio experiences that continue to set the standard for branded content for partners like Gatorade, Tinder and Microsoft. Utilizing your aesthetic creativity alongside your attention to detail, you’ll bring stories to life by recording, editing and mixing narration, field recordings, music and sound design.
You’ll work as part of a team of both full-time and contract audio engineers, and will also be tasked with training new Gimlet Creative staffers in the best practices of recording, editing and mixing. Ideally, you’re the kind of person who loves working with with different teams and different types of people, and who thrives under deadline pressure. You are a superstar multitasker and your ability to prioritize is second to none.
What You’ll Do:
- Edit and mix Gimlet Creative branded podcasts and advertisements:
- Session Organization – naming, labeling, organizing and maintaining show assets into clean, presentable sessions
- Dialog Mixing – Clip gain leveling, de-noising, equalization, and ambience matching
- Music Editing – Editing full music mixes and music stems to support narration and storytelling
- Sound Design – Use location audio and sound effects to to help bring stories to life
- Develop the sonic identity and sound of new branded shows alongside Gimlet Creative Producers
- Create and/or source original music for use in branded shows and advertisements
- Assist Gimlet Creative producers with setting up studio recordings involving multiple guests and remote connections
- Implement and reinforce strong workflow procedures for projects with multiple collaborators
- Teach and train staff in studio procedure, Pro Tools operation, and recording best practices
What you have:
- 3 years experience working in post production, broadcast or music facilities
- A positive “anything is possible” attitude
- An in-depth understanding of Pro Tools and current audio plug-ins
- Understanding of studio topology, signal-flow, and a variety of recording equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot calmly under pressure (In-Studio / Basic Mac / OSX)
- Impeccable file organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize quick-turn mixes and longer term production needs simultaneously
- Musical Composition and Arrangement experience preferred
This is a full-time position based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter with links to three pieces of your work, along with a brief explanation of your role for each, HERE. This posting will close at 5 PM ET on Wednesday, August 30.