Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
Gimlet offers a comprehensive slate of benefits. We cover 100% of employee and family premiums for medical and dental insurance, and we offer vision insurance at a low cost. Other benefits include pre-tax commuter, medical and dependent care FSA accounts, 401(k), unlimited vacation, and an annual training reimbursement.
The Marketing Manager will work with our sales and creative teams to develop innovative ideas and write proposals for current and prospective advertisers, as well as help build Gimlet’s proactive marketing materials. You are excited by coming up with big ideas for an emerging medium and would love nothing more than distilling those into client-facing materials. You have excellent writing skills and a keen eye for design. Attention to detail and an execution-focused approach are your trademarks. Above all, you have a positive, get-stuff-done attitude. Gimlet is a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and you will be working across ad campaigns on current and upcoming Gimlet podcasts, as well as on custom branded podcast series. This role reports to Gimlet’s Director of Marketing.
What You’ll Do
- Respond to RFPs and develop program strategies for prospective and current advertisers
- Work closely with sales on all aspects of pre-sale ideation and execution
- Identify strategies and emerging trends in the podcast space and work proactively to turn them into innovative programs for partners
- Lead brainstorms and collaborate with Gimlet Creative to translate amazing ideas into concise writeups and decks for clients
- Create visually stunning and informative marketing materials (pitch decks, KOC decks, one sheets, etc.)
- Effectively and diplomatically project manage incoming campaigns on behalf of our brand partners
- Communicate with clients on a day-to-day basis
- Create social amplification strategies to extend the reach of sold programs
What You Have
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing, ad sales marketing role
- Creative thinker and clever wordsmith
- Ability to translate complex concepts into concise, client-facing writeups
- Attention to detail and design
- Exceptional Keynote or Powerpoint skills
- Design experience with Keynote, Photoshop or Adobe CC a plus
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter, along with any work samples you may have HERE by Tuesday, January 23, at 5:00pm. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position based in our Brooklyn, NY offices.