Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
The Marketing Manager will work with our sales team to develop innovative ideas and write proposals for current and prospective advertisers, as well as help build Gimlet’s proactive marketing materials. You are excited by creating big ideas for an emerging medium and would love nothing more than distilling those into client-facing materials. You have excellent writing skills and a keen eye for design. Attention to detail and an execution-focused approach are your trademarks. Above all, you have a positive, get-stuff-done attitude. Gimlet is a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and you will be working across ad campaigns on current and upcoming Gimlet podcasts, as well as on custom sponsored podcast series. This role reports to Gimlet’s Director of Client Services.
What You’ll Do
- Respond to RFPs and develop program strategies for prospective and current advertisers
- Work closely with sales on all aspects of pre-sale ideation and execution
- Collaborate with Gimlet Creative to translate their amazing ideas into concise writeups for clients
- Identify strategies and emerging trends in the podcast space and work proactively to turn them into innovative programs for partners
- Create visually stunning and informative proactive marketing materials (General Presentations, Show One Sheets, Audience One Sheets, etc) that clearly communicate Gimlet’s story and value proposition
- Create social amplification strategies to extend the reach of sold programs
- Communicate with clients on a day-to-day basis
What You Have
- 2+ years experience in a client-serving marketing role
- Attention to detail and design
- Exceptional Keynote or Powerpoint skills
- Ability to translate complex concepts into concise, client-facing writeups
- Design experience with Keynote, Photoshop or Adobe CC a plus
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, along with any work samples you may have, HERE. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position based in our Brooklyn, NY offices.