Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented and kind people to make our next slate of groundbreaking shows.
Gimlet Creative is the division of Gimlet that partners with brands to create our award-winning advertising spots, as well as our longform branded podcasts. Our brand partners include eBay, Tinder, Ford, HPE and Apple iBooks. For each campaign, we craft innovative, narrative-driven stories tailored to engage and entertain our listeners. Our branded podcasts have topped the charts in their respective iTunes categories and generated lots of buzz, including coverage in the Wall Street Journal, Entertainment Weekly, AdWeek, and more.
We’re looking for a creative, self-motivated person who takes pride in their work and has incredible attention to detail. Specifically, we’re looking for someone with experience telling stories through audio (but we’re open to all different kinds of storytelling and audio experience!).
This ideal person is also great at brainstorming and pitching ideas, researching potential guests and episodes, producing interviews, editing audio and producing both long and short-form audio content.
This person is curious about the world, has a strong commitment to excellence, can give and receive constructive feedback, pitches great ideas without getting too attached to them and is a team player. Above all, this person is genuinely excited about the challenge of partnering with brands to tell stories that fulfill their goals, while also putting listeners first.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate and liaise with brands to create custom ad campaigns and longform branded podcasts
- Produce interviews, select tape, structure, write, edit and score longform podcast episodes
- Brainstorm pre- and post-sale ideas for clients and potential clients
- Work with Gimlet hosts to create ad spots across the Gimlet Network of shows
- Field reporting and production in the field
- Prep and produce in-studio interviews and occasionally conduct interviews yourself
- Direct tracking sessions with hosts
- Work with engineers on post-production and scoring of longform podcasts
- Voice episodes and rough cuts
- Build relationships with clients, hosts and our roster of freelancers
What You Have
- Four years of audio experience, either in journalism or in advertising
- Demonstrated ability to pitch and execute on ideas
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline
- The ability to receive and implement feedback as part of a highly collaborative work environment
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both within Gimlet and externally
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with Pro Tools!
- Experience working with brands is great. Not required, but definitely a plus
What To Submit
- A resume
- A cover letter
- A work sample that you’re proud of. Please include an explanation of what role you played in the production process and why you chose this sample.
This is a full-time position based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. This posting will close at 5 PM ET on April 14th. Please apply HERE.