Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
This is an early stage documentary project. We’re looking for someone with an interest in history, archives, investigations, and culture. Audio experience not required. In fact, this is a good entry point for somebody with solid research/documentary experience who maybe hasn’t done a lot of work in audio. The contract is for two months, with the possibility of extension.
What You’ll Do:
- Digitize and transcribe archival material
- Find archival tape
- Dig into topics as they arise in the research phase
- Assist in booking and planning interviews
- Help shape the scope and direction of the project
What You Have:
- A passion for and understanding of narrative, longform storytelling.
- Proven ability to self-start and also to work collaboratively
- Documentary or investigative research experience
- Attention to detail
- Great written and verbal skills
Applications are due by March 28th. To apply, please submit the below materials HERE:
- Cover letter
- Two or three relevant work samples (links are fine).
Please also find two things that tell a story (radio stories, magazine stories, short documentaries, paintings, songs… etc.) and write a paragraph or two for each, describing what you like and find surprising about them. Also, if you would change something about them, explain what and why.
This is a full-time, two month contract position based in our Brooklyn, NY office.