Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes newly-launched, critically-acclaimed shows like Homecoming, Heavyweight, and Science Vs. We’re also home to perennial favorites Reply All and StartUp. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to make amazing things, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
We’re looking for a Senior Designer to help make Gimlet look as good as we sound (if we do say so ourselves). Working alongside some of the most critically acclaimed editorial teams in the business, you’ll will be responsible for ensuring brand unity across our many titles, while working with each show team to make sure their quirks and voice of their work shine through. You’ll also work closely with our business team to ensure that everything from sales materials to events signage and collateral meet the Gimlet design standard.
What you’ll do
- Oversee consistent implementation of Gimlet and individual show identities across all touch points including website, print materials, etc. This includes asset creation for existing properties and future applications of the identity
- Ensure consistent adoption of brand elements both within Gimlet and externally, across all platforms
- Handle regular website design updates in the company’s WordPress platform
- Design assets to support Gimlet’s business function, including ad sales marketing collateral and events materials
- Develop identities for any new shows and new show properties
- Manage several overlapping projects and ensure a high level of quality for all deliverables. You’ll be critical in ensuring that all visual projects are on time and on budget
What you have
- Demonstrated experience helping develop and implement brand systems for clients
- 5+ years of experience as a visual designer
- Demonstrated ability to self-organize and self-motivate
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a love of collaborating with other highly creative colleagues
- Experience hiring designers and managing freelance design projects
- Proven ability to think strategically about design and consider all inputs that influence the user experience
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio in the Website section of the application here. This is a six-month contract position based in our Brooklyn, NY offices.