Gimlet media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Crimetown, Homecoming, and The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, and business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other and the world. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
We’re hiring our first VP of Marketing to help us build a comprehensive marketing practice from (almost) scratch. We’re looking for someone with deep brand marketing or sales marketing experience who can also support the creation of robust audience analytics and consumer marketing functions. This person will build a marketing function that works across teams at Gimlet: with our best-in-class sales team, to define how Gimlet is positioned to advertisers; with our PR/comms team to position the Gimlet brand in the media; with our editorial teams, to strategize on creative launch plans for new shows and verticals; and with our events and communities team, to help build on Gimlet’s multiplatform approach to content. We will look to this person to tell the story of Gimlet across all of our channels and to help us engage and capture new, untapped audiences, and above all drive quality growth.
What You’ll Do
- Develop scalable strategies to increase brand awareness- both at the level of the Gimlet brand and individual show-level brands
- Define the Gimlet brand story for both our listeners, members, and advertisers
- Build digital, social, earned, and paid capabilities to drive quality, sustainable growth in audience and advertisers
- Develop measurable goals and milestones across the organization and apply marketing towards those goals
- Craft our ad sales marketing strategy in partnership with the VP of Sales
- Manage community and events function to bring Gimlet to life through our membership program and IRL
- Build an analytics and insights function, in collaboration with our VP of Operations, to help us make informed, data-driven decisions around everything from cross-show promotions to new listener acquisition
- Work collaboratively across the organization to get stuff done, including with editorial, sales, business, and design
What You Have
- 8+ years of experience in a high-caliber marketing organization with proven, measurable success
- Ability to conceptualize and oversee execution across multiple marketing disciplines.
- Fluency in ad sales marketing and consumer/brand marketing preferred; experience in community and social media marketing, or audience development and analytics a plus
- Proven ability to build, lead and coach high-performance teams
- Powerful communication skills and strong consensus-building capabilities
- A team player attitude who can collaborate with cross-functional teams within the organization, as well as with outside vendors
- An organized, get-stuff-done approach— a desire to take initiative to make things happen
This is a full-time role based in our Brooklyn, NY offices. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume HERE.