Are chocolate, coffee and red wine actually good for us? Reading the news it seems that one day they are helping us live longer, and the next day they are giving us heart attacks. So what’s going on here? Host Wendy Zukerman and DJ/senior producer Kaitlyn Sawrey explore the science live on stage, with interview clips from Prof. Bruce Ames, Prof. David Sinclair and author Aidan Goggins.
This show was recorded live at The Bell House on Thursday, March 23rd, 2017. If you want to listen to the Q&A after the show, sign up to become a Gimlet member for $5 a month. If you sign up for a year, you can receive a Science Vs t-shirt!
- Cloudflare – To learn more visit cloudflare.com/sciencevs
- WordPress – go to wordpress.com/science to get 15% off a new website
- Hello Fresh – For $30 off your first week of meals go to hellofresh.com and enter the promo code SCIENCEVS30
- JAMA Review – Are antioxidant supplements associated with higher or lower all-cause mortality?
- David Sinclair’s Study: Resveratrol improves health and survival of mice on a high-calorie diet
- Alcohol and coronary heart disease: a meta-analysis
- Coffee Meta-analysis: Coffee consumption and mortality from all causes…
- Habitual chocolate consumption and risk of cardiovascular disease among healthy men and women