A group of teenagers and college kids were fed up with the lousy healthcare in their neighborhood. So they decided to fight the system head on—a fight that still resonates today. Sid Davidoff, Mickey Melendez, and Cleo Silvers share their story.
Check out the full transcript here: http://bit.ly/33QhYKX
- Mickey Melendez's Book: http://bit.ly/34Ww1ik
- Interview with Cleo Silvers: http://bit.ly/2Xcg58S
- Article about lead testing in the 1970s: http://bit.ly/2qTJSqN
- To hear more on lead poisoning prevention today: http://bit.ly/2Qh3MXK
- Pacifica Radio Archives: pacificaradioarchives.org