We need to ditch fossil fuels. Can America go 100% renewable by 2050? Does the technology already exist? We speak to Prof. Mark Delucchi, Prof. Christopher Clack, and Prof. David Connolly.
Credits: This episode has been produced by Wendy Zukerman, Heather Rogers and Shruti Ravindran. Production help from Rose Rimler. Our senior producer is Kaitlyn Sawrey. We’re edited this week by Blythe Terrell and Annie-Rose Strasser, with extra help from Rachel Ward. Fact checking by Michelle Harris. Sound design by Martin Peralta. Music written by Bobby Lord. For this episode we also spoke to Professor Vijay Modi, Professor Mark Jacobson, Dr Gorm Bruun Andresen, Professor Willett Kempton, Dr Dylan McConnell, and Dr Jane CS Long. And an extra thanks to the Zukerman family.
- Mark Jacobson and Mark Delucchi paper showing that the US could be run on 100 percent renewable energy.
- Christopher Clack and his team’s paper criticising Mark’s work
- Survey published this year of more than 100 energy experts on the future of renewables.
- National Renewable Energy Lab’s look at Renewable Electricity
- Detailed report on California’s energy future
Check out the full transcript here: http://bit.ly/38ku2a4
People say they’re shedding tons of weight on new weight loss drugs like Ozempic. But are these drugs really all they’re cracked up to be? Or is this yet another dangerous weight loss fad? We talk to endocrinologists Prof. Tricia Tan and Dr. Daniela Hurtado.
Science Vs has gone bilingual! La Ciencia Vs is the Spanish-language version of the show, and today we’re introducing the amazing hosts, Dr. Leonora Milán and Dr. Alejandra Ortíz, and sharing the Serial Killers episode: Asesinos Seriales. Find more episodes — like Veganos, Placebo, ASMR, Ejercicio — on the La Ciencia Vs feed on Spotify.