What is a cookie?
A web cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing.
- Authentication — Certain sections of our website require login, so a cookie is saved to authenticate the browser session with the login.
- Marketing & Analytics — We use third party tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel monitor how our website is being used, make improvements, and retarget ads.
- Read more about online privacy from these resources:
- How to Block Cookies from How to Geek
- How to increase your online privacy from The Verge
- See Google's global opt-out tool prevent Google Analytics tracking on all websites.
- See Facebook's ad-targeting help page to opt-out of their tracking.