A group of teenagers and college kids were fed up with the lousy healthcare in their neighborhood. So they decided to fight the system head on—a fight that still resonates today. Sid Davidoff, Mickey Melendez, and Cleo Silvers share their story.
Check out the full transcript here: http://bit.ly/33QhYKX
- Mickey Melendez's Book: http://bit.ly/34Ww1ik
- Interview with Cleo Silvers: http://bit.ly/2Xcg58S
- Article about lead testing in the 1970s: http://bit.ly/2qTJSqN
- To hear more on lead poisoning prevention today: http://bit.ly/2Qh3MXK
- Pacifica Radio Archives: pacificaradioarchives.org
People say they’re shedding tons of weight on new weight loss drugs like Ozempic. But are these drugs really all they’re cracked up to be? Or is this yet another dangerous weight loss fad? We talk to endocrinologists Prof. Tricia Tan and Dr. Daniela Hurtado.
Science Vs has gone bilingual! La Ciencia Vs is the Spanish-language version of the show, and today we’re introducing the amazing hosts, Dr. Leonora Milán and Dr. Alejandra Ortíz, and sharing the Serial Killers episode: Asesinos Seriales. Find more episodes — like Veganos, Placebo, ASMR, Ejercicio — on the La Ciencia Vs feed on Spotify.