January 19, 2023
Sam Bankman-Fried’s Big Investment: Bitcoin Mining in Kazakhstan
by The Journal
After the collapse of FTX, WSJ Reporter Eliot Brown wanted to find out where all the money went. He was surprised to discover that the biggest investment had been in a bitcoin mining company based in Kazakhstan.
- Sam Bankman-Fried’s Supersized Bet: $1 Billion For A Bitcoin Miner On The Kazakh Steppe
- FTX Says It Has Located More Than $5 Billion in Cash, Liquid Assets
- The Charges Against FTX's Sam Bankman-Fried
- ‘Do You Expect to Go to Prison?’: An Interview With SBF
- What’s Russia Doing in Kazakhstan?
Today, Apple released its Vision Pro headset, the company’s first major new product launch in a decade. WSJ’s Joanna Stern on whether the augmented-reality headset has the potential to take a niche device for nerds into the mainstream.