Food writer Nicole A. Taylor introduces Eric to a simple yet fancy dessert that helps her stay connected with her Southern roots. And Brittany tells a story about a little known woman from history who had the freshest collection of wigs, and even better comebacks.
- Be like Brittany and follow Nicole on Instagram so you can watch her make breakfast potatoes and other delish foods... You can also follow Nicole on Twitter
- Check out Nicole's book, “The Up South Cookbook: Chasing Dixie in a Brooklyn Kitchen”
- Listen to Nicole's podcast, Hot Grease
- If you liked this episode, check out one from our archives: “Whole Hog” - it’s all about who gets to lay claim to classic Southern foods.
- To see photos of Lucy Hicks Anderson and learn more about her story, we recommend checking out this short documentary series, "We've Been Around"
- Additional music in this episode includes “Bath Salts” by Jupyter and "pianissimo" by Takstar